Sunday, June 1, 2014

Twigg's Bindery

ds_twiggs_1
After 10 years of covering the National Stationery Show, few booths have ever jumped out at me the way Twigg’s Bindery did this year with the incredibly talented designer, Jonna Twigg at the center of things. 
ds_twiggs_2
ds_twiggs_3
Despite some truly outstanding work at this year’s show, it can be tough to find something that feels new, fresh and different. But Jonna’s work at the NSS was a breath of fresh air. With its rows and rows of colorful hand-stitching, the Twigg’s Bindery booth made me stop in my tracks and immediately ask a slew of questions. I learned that not only was Jonna a fellow lover of books, but she also works with leading museum conservators as a paper preparator housing collections and preserving paper-based objects for major exhibits around the world. She originally began her business as a custom order-only company for local artists and galleries, but she has now expanded to sell a range of leather and fabric books and journals that have patented patterned sewing on the spines, made with hand-dipped wax embroidery floss. It made exhibitors smile to see how happy and passionate her friend and booth-mate was describing the process of creating their own wax embroidery floss (so they would have a wide range of colors to work with). That sort of excitement about the work you’re doing is infectious and made me want to grab stack of Jonna’s books to sit down on the floor with and examine for hours.
twiggsbindery_35
Click through to see more of Jonna’s work after the jump!
twiggsbindery_5
ds_twiggs_6
ds_twiggs_7
ds_twiggs_8
ds_twiggs_9
ds_twiggs_10

2 comments:

  1. She originally began her business as a custom order-only company for local artists and galleries, but she has now expanded to sell a range of leather and fabric books and journals that have patented patterned sewing on the spines, made with hand-dipped wax embroidery floss. It made exhibitors smile to see how happy and passionate her friend and booth-mate was describing the process of creating their own wax embroidery floss (so they would have a wide range of colors to work with). That sort of excitement about the work you’re doing is infectious and made me want to grab stack of Jonna’s books to sit down on the floor with and examine for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails